When it comes to your home’s security, selecting the right door handles for your main door is of utmost importance. Door handles not only serve as a functional component but also play a significant role in ensuring the safety and security of your home.
With a wide range of options available, it can be overwhelming to determine which door handles are the best fit for your needs.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore key factors to consider when choosing door handles that are safe and secure for your main door. Let’s dive in and discover how to enhance both the aesthetics and security of your home.
Opt for Solid Construction and Sturdy Materials:
- When it comes to security, choosing door handles with solid construction and sturdy materials is essential. Look for handles made from durable materials such as solid brass, stainless steel, or high-quality alloys. These materials offer superior strength and resilience.
- Solid brass door handles are known for their durability and resistance to corrosion and wear. Stainless steel handles are also a popular choice due to their strength and resistance to rust and tarnishing.
- Avoid handles made from lightweight or flimsy materials, as they may compromise the security of your main door.
Also Check: 5 Things to Consider When Choosing Door Handles
Consider the Lock Mechanism:
- The lock mechanism is a crucial component of door handle for main door. Consider the type of lock your main door requires and ensure that the handles are compatible with that specific lock mechanism.
- Look for handles that feature a mortise lock, which provides an added layer of security compared to a simple latch lock.
- Choose door handles that have a built-in keyhole or a cylinder lock that can be easily integrated with your existing lock system. This will enhance the security of your main door.
Check for Secure Mounting Options:
- Ensure that the door handles you choose offer secure mounting options. Look for handles that have concealed fixings or hidden screws. This prevents the screws from being exposed and tampered with, enhancing the overall security of the handles.
- Consider handles with a through-bolted fixing mechanism. This involves a long bolt that passes through the door, providing a stronger and more secure attachment.
- Avoid handles that rely solely on surface screws, as they can be easily unscrewed or tampered with, compromising the security of your main door.
- Assess Handle Design and Functionality:
- Handle design and functionality play a significant role in the security and ease of use of your main door. Opt for handles with a sturdy and ergonomic design that allows for a comfortable grip.
- Consider handles with a curved or textured surface, as they offer a more secure grip and make it difficult for intruders to tamper with or force open the door.
- Look for handles that have a lever-style design, as they offer better leverage for opening and closing the door. Lever handles also provide ease of use for children, the elderly, or individuals with mobility issues.
- Consider handles with built-in keyhole covers or escutcheon plates. These provide an additional layer of protection by concealing the keyhole, preventing potential intruders from gaining access through the keyhole.
- Research Brand Reputation and Security Ratings:
- Prioritize door handle brands that have a strong reputation for security and quality. Look for brands that are well-established and known for manufacturing high-security door hardware.
- Research security ratings and certifications for the door handles you are considering. Look for handles that have been tested and approved by reputable security organizations or standards agencies.
- Pay attention to door handle features such as anti-bumping, anti-picking, or anti-drilling mechanisms. These features add an extra layer of security to protect against common intrusion methods.
Selecting door handles that are safe and secure for your main door is crucial for maintaining the security of your home and ensuring peace of mind. By considering factors such as solid construction and sturdy materials, lock mechanism compatibility, secure mounting options, handle design and functionality, and brand reputation and security ratings, you can make an informed decision when choosing door handles.
Remember, prioritizing security does not mean compromising on style. There are plenty of stylish and aesthetically pleasing options available that also provide high levels of security.
Take the time to explore different options, consult with professionals if needed, and invest in door handles that not only enhance the visual appeal of your main door but also keep your home safe and secure.